Old June 13th 20, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default STD Libelle Restoration Reccomendations

On Fri, 12 Jun 2020 01:24:06 -0700, craigjlowrie wrote:

It is worth checking the Airbrake bearings for wear. Igf you are going
to refinish the wings it is worth doing them as you have to cut
holes..... On this Point, I am trying to find someone who has done
this job, as I have this to do in the near future.... Would be good to
get some info from someone that has done this job..!!... Craig Lowrie,
UK.

Gav Goudie (Cambridge club) has done it. I asked because mine will need
doing at its next annual. The two warnings were that the brakes are
mounted on bolts whose heads are glassed over and not to cut the hole too
close to the rear edge of the bevelled hole the top of the brake sits in:
the back wall of the brake box is further back than you think.

Its probably good idea to talk to Glasfaser beforehand: they're generally
helpful and may have useful diagrams they're prepared to supply.

Last year I moved the pitot from the fin (I suspect the RAFGSA put it
there because that's not inline with the type certificate or in the
glider log). Glasfaser were most helpful, supplying the new internal pitot
as well as technical drawings and photos showing how it should be done.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org