Old September 23rd 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default B40 replacement speaker?

On Sep 23, 10:36 am, "Bill Daniels" bildan@comcast-dot-net wrote:
This brings up a thought that's been bouncing around in my head for awhile.
I have several things that generate audio, each with their own crappy little
speaker. That seems kinds wasteful and redundant.

A quick search with Google for portable audio mixers turned up a class of
devices used with DV camcorders to mix microphone inputs. A couple accepted
line level inputs and provided amplified output. There was even one built
into a sub-mini D-25 connector specifically made for aircraft. Add to that
a pair of quality lightweight MP3 speakers and you have a one pound audio
system with several inputs, each with level controls.

"Mike the Strike" wrote in ...
On Sep 23, 5:44 am, JJ Sinclair wrote:

Check the speaker wire connections at the rear of the B-40, I solved
my speaker problems when I tightened up a speaker wire!
JJ

Possibly - but speaker failures on the Borgelt varios are legend. The
manufacturer-supplied speaker is tiny and crap, as I discovered some
years ago. As Tim says, almost any replacement will work.

Mike

Frank wrote:
I think My B40 speaker is getting kind of weak. Even at full volume
it is just barely audible, and I'm wondering what to do for a
replacement speaker.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Frank (TA)

That sounds like exactly what I need in the back of our Blanik L13.
All the audio controls
are in the front seat, and the speakers are up there, too, so I can
never quite hear what's
going on with the audio vario or radio from the back, and I never can
get my passengers
(or some of my students for that matter!) to figure out how to adjust
things.

-- Matt