Old December 3rd 18, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Lowrie

Default Refinishing Ventus b Fuselage

Back to the refinishing project... I have to commend the guys for
documenting this and tracking the hours... I'm sure many would have
underestimated how long such a refinish might take... I am interested why
they have used Sharpie pens on the paint as opposed to a commercially
available guide coat, which makes sure you have not missed any areas. I
would use guide coat and 800 paper, wet... probably re-guide coat at 1200,

then soft pencil at 1500 before hitting it with G3 to bring out the
shine...
great work though...!...

At 16:36 02 December 2018, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 8:28:38 AM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
What Richard said.=C2=A0 I installed ADS-B in my Stemme and the

hardest
p=
art=20
was removing and replacing all the stuff necessary to get to a flat

spot=
=20
to mount the hardware.=C2=A0 The gigantic antenna was easily installed

un=
der=20
the turtle deck using a design shown to me by another Stemme

owner.=C2=A0=
My=20
IA inspected my work, said it looked "Perfect", gave me a log book=20
sticker, sent a 337 to the FAA, and handed me a bill for his

time.=C2=A0
=
It=20
was easy work and the price paid the IA was well worth it!
=20
On 12/1/2018 8:22 PM, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 6:52:02 PM UTC-8, Darryl Ramm

wrote:
On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 4:14:07 PM UTC-8, Richard

Pfiffner
wr=
ote:
On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 1:57:51 PM UTC-8, Charlie

Quebec
wro=
te:
Ain=E2=80=99t that the truth Mark M, just finished sanding and

buffi=
ng my DG200-17C all over, about 50 hours to get the original Schaballac
gel=
coat back to looking new,
not bad for a glider made in 1980 to still have original gel in

perf=
ect condition.
All the work and you have drip. What to do?

http://www.craggyaero.com/ventus.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Stop painting and deal with installing an ADS-B Out system. The

change=
will make sanding seem pleasurable. :-)
Installed one two weeks ago in a MinLak FES it was a lot easier than

s=
anding.

Richard

=20