Old June 11th 19, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Nearest Location

On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 7:46:09 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I am 13 years old and I want to learn to fly a glider. The one problem is that the nearest gliding school near me is 1 hr and 40 minutes away and this is way too far. I was wondering if there was a way around this. I have looked for different places but they are all too far.

FYI I live in eastern TN and the closest place is in Knoxville TN.

Thanks

If you are an EAA Young Eagles participant, you can take several online glider training courses through GLIDERBOOKS for free.
https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/youth/fre...es/Gliderbooks