Old August 28th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ASW-24 vs ASW-28

On Aug 28, 5:25*pm, "Kloudy via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe wrote:
Appears there are some ASW-28s for sale.
Having only flown the ASW-24 and '27, what are the differences between the
'24 and '28?

Have owned all 3. Hmm- own all 3 now. Ah well. '28 is the follow on to
the '24 with all the good things the
'24 has plus a few improvements. It has about 6 sq ft more wing area
and an airfoil intended to be less sensitive to gusts(some call
"microturbulence). The outboard end of the wing is much better and the
tip drop the original '24 has is gone. It has fully modern winglets
and "hard tanks " instead of bladders. My view- biased- is that it is
fully as good as the LS-8 or D2.
Simply put- it's a better '24- obviously at a more current price due
to age.
I do a lot of "improving" on my gliders and can find little to mess
with on the '28.
There are a few 28-18's but not many.
Hope this was helpful
UH