Old December 25th 03, 01:03 AM
Mike Marron

Juvat ("juvat" my ass) wrote:
Mike Marron wrote:

With family flying down to visit over the holidays, my darling wife is
all worried about their safety due to the raised threat-level from
Arab terrorists.

Sincerely relax...lots of guys with guns on US airliners right now.

Jeez Juvat, *that* really helped. I just had my wife read your
response but I'm afraid your "RELAX.......LOTS OF GUYS WITH
GUNS ON US AIRLINERS RIGHT NOW" failed to set her at ease,
if ya' know what I mean.

BTW, 'juvat" means what, no balls or glory or sumpthin like that?

asked a couple flying with us on Monday, "Uhhh, it's shoot to kill
right?" They nodded.

Fun fun fun!!! Shootout at the OK corral at FL340!

I can certainly understand why guys like you and Ed
aren't interested in discussing the in's and out's of the security
clearance mechanism, but again, since the topic was brought up
can't either of you briefly explain what a security clearance is and
why it's so important? Again, just asking and please pardon my
ignorance.

I don't think the issue of a top secret security clearance is the
point, rather here are guys that formerly were "trusted agents" that
are not simply rubber stamped for acceptance in the FFDO program.

Currently over 1000 FFDOs (airline pilots with guns) by the end of
2004 over 5000...not too shabby.

Please understand, "lots of guys with guns on airliners right now"
sounds well and good to me, but I'm afraid you failed to reassure
my poor wife that she's any safer by your response.

Juvat

Semper foo fi foe fum...