Old February 21st 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default egt cht

On Feb 21, 6:57 am, dave wrote:
Dynon says that you could get a 337
to install one of their products. The basic MGL TC3 would be fine for
my purposes. It's $265.00 plus the probes plus installation. The
cheapest approved monitor is around $2000 with probes plus installation.

Dynon makes a good product. I've installed their stuff in
experimental aircraft with excellent results. Getting field approval
to get one of these installed in a production plane will be next to
impossible. It just isn't done by the FSDOs.

I bought a nine probe EI UBG-16 (4 egt, 4cht, 1 oil temp) unit for
my Cherokee. It was just over $1200 with probes. Maybe you need to
shop around. I got mine from Spruce.

As for Light Sport Aircraft, I believe you're right. I've seen
quite a few of the non-TSO'd instrument packages in new LSAs. I know
the operate under much looser certification standards than normal
category planes.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)