Old August 12th 03, 02:48 AM
Aaron Coolidge

In rec.aviation.owning JimC wrote:
: There are some on a Navion in Sanford, FL, although some of them are a
: little bent as of the middle of last week. See the thread titled "My Plane
: Almost Became an Insurance Claim" and http://navionpics.swegian.com/ for the
: pictures.

: JimC

Ha! I just happen to have a line on some Navion parts, including a set of
wings! Combined with that baby-blue Navion's fuselage, it'd be a nice
machine.

Explanation: My mechanic is a Navion nut. He's got one, and we have 3 more on
the field. He "rescued" his from a local trade school that was using it to
teach A&P candidates, and had been doing so for almost 50 years. He's totally
redone the thing and it's quite nice. It's a 1950 Ryan Navion "A", converted
from the E-185 to an IO-470 that once graced the left wing of a 310. He knows
someone who's got 3 disassembled Navions in his barn!
--
Aaron Coolidge (N9376J)