Old August 16th 04, 04:31 PM
Roger Halstead

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:33:22 GMT, Bob Moore
wrote:

Roger Halstead wrote
Ten years ago Joyce and I flew to Florida. We took our road bikes. One
look at the roads and we decided we were not going to ride in that
state. There were no shoulders and no provisions for riding bikes and
with the elderly drivers and narrow roads you needed a death wish to
take a short ride.

No longer true, state law now requires bike shoulders on all new
road construction and sidewalks anywhere near populated areas.

I believe I said in the next sentence that both Texas and Florida are
now prime examples of what can be done, or something to that effect,
or at least that was my intent. It's possible I didn't say what I
thought although Joyce tells me that happens more and more. Course
the posting time might have something to do with that. :-))

That post has not shown up on my server yet although several answers
have.

At any rate the two states have gone from bad examples to a couple of
the best examples.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Bob Moore