Old January 11th 05, 09:05 PM
Dave Butler

jls wrote:
"Dave Butler" wrote in message

The OP said he was looking for something in Ohio.

Or "within a reasonable distance." Well, I'll go to Indiana and Minnesota
for some parts and to Texas too. But as meticulous a job as these guys do
on engines, I'd not consider Triad that far away from Ohio, particularly
since airplanes have shrunken the continent. OTOH, I believe G&N is
reputable.

Just my opinion, but when you have warranty issues, OH to NC is not reasonable.
You want a vendor really nearby. Parts is fine, but for an overhaul... I'll stay
close to home.

Opinions vary. That's mine. I earned my opinion through bitter experience with a
long-distance overhaul. Never again. It doesn't matter how well-meaning the
people are on both ends of the pipe. If the pipe is too long, it makes
everything harder to resolve.