Old January 12th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Overhaul of 180HP Lycoming 0-360-A4M in a Skyhawk (C-172)

I thought Lycoming was charging back for bad cranks and cams?

Marco

"Dave Butler" wrote in message
Andrew Gideon wrote:

Should we get our engine overhauled, or swap it for a previously

overhauled
engine?

If downtime is crucial, you can get a faster turnaround on an engine swap

than
overhauling your engine. When you swap, you're taking pot-luck on the

case,
crank, and cam. If your case, crank, and cam are known good, you might

want to
hang onto them. If they're suspect, you might improve yourself by taking

pot-luck.

http://www.usenet.com