Old January 13th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Overhaul of 180HP Lycoming 0-360-A4M in a Skyhawk (C-172)

My A&P was able to order mine directly from the factory. I had to wait
fo the skys to open after 9/11 so I could test fly and break in.

Ross

Longworth wrote:
Ross Richardson wrote:

I got a Lycoming factory overhauled O-360-A1A and had it delievered to
my A&P/IA shop. There he and I installed the new engine on my '65
Skyhawk.. I sent the other one back for the "core" charge. I had to
leave a large deposit with Lycoming, that they quickly refunded when the
old engine arrived. Learing experience for me. 300 hours later, running
fine.

We had a similar experience getting a factory overhauled Lycoming
engine through Air Power two years ago. For the core charge, we sent
them a certified check which they held uncashed and sent back to us
when they received the old engine back. The engine has been running
great for the last 350 hrs.

Hai Longworth