Old June 19th 18, 01:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

Default Questions for SGS 2-33 Operators

I'm with 2 different clubs that have 2-33s. One replaced the belts with new Hooker belts, the other still uses the original. Both still struggle with the original interior panels. I would worry about protecting the inside of the fabric from cuts, scrapes and stains without them.

We have recently had a problem with the wood rudder cable guides and had to replace a set when the cables sawed through them. Make sure you do that on your rebuild. Also, the sprung tail wheel is very nice and avoids the bang on take off that upsets new students. Do that install if you can.

Good luck with the project. 2-33s are the J-3 Cubs of our sport!

ROY