Old November 15th 04, 03:30 AM
Randy L.

Les,
If you are interested in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century Of
Flight, then you can get information about it he
http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/
You can also find plenty of addon aircraft, scenery, etc at:
http://www.flightsim.com
You can view some great screenshots from this program at:
http://www.fs2004.com/gallery/
In my opinion, this is the best all-around civil flight simulator
available for the PC. You can download & install a ton of add-on aircraft,
scenery, terrain elevation meshes, and utilities for it also. It is also
well-supported by a large FS community. It has functioning ATC, real world
weather, and you can fly anywhere in the world, with real airports, real
world navaids, radio frequencies, etc. I can't praise this program enough!

Randy L.

"Les Ward" wrote in message
Before I buy, I would get some idea of the reality , functionality,etc.
of the simulator aspect. Goal to get back into flying/soaring after 25

yrs.
I hold a private w/250 hrs SEL. Would just buying the software give me
an idea of what to expect. Trying to use a little restraint. HA HA!!!!
I currently have Realflight G2 an RC sim, which I learned the basics of
rc controls. Another addiction.
Aloha, Les Ward