Old April 10th 07, 01:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luke

Default Boeing 737 fusalage on a rail car

"Scenic" wrote in message
Greg Shoemaker wrote:

They are Shipped from Wichata KS to Everett WA for final assembly

Not Everett, but Renton, where the narrow body single aisle aeroplanes are
assembled. Everett is wide-body stuff.
There is
also specialized rail cars for wing assemblies that are usually in the
train. Also see http://krugtales.50megs.com/rrpictal...23/p010623.htm
and http://krugtales.50megs.com/rrpictal...3/p010713a.htm and
http://krugtales.50megs.com/rrpictal...14/p000514.htm for more.

Despite working for Boeing for several years at the Everett plant, I was
unaware that the 737 fuselages were assembled in Wichita and shipped whole
to Renton. I had been under the belief that only completed 41 sections came
from Wichita (41 section is the cockpit area). wtf... you learn something
new every day....

Luke