Old September 23rd 03, 12:22 PM
Thomas Schoene

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
om
Think of it as another system using the same
concept as current spaced armor and ceramic composites, which also
hinge upon diffusing the jet over a larger area, a;beit one with
extremely fine tolerances for successful initiation.

As I understand it, the system actually self-initiates -- the plasma jet
actually bridged the gap and shorts out the capacitor on impact. No timing
mechanism required.

Again, you seem to have the defeat mechanism wrong, from the way I
read it. And pray tell what this wonderful system does to a shaped
charge using a non-conducting liner (glass (which is a liquid in its
customary "solid" state, as we know it...) is a not uncommon alternate
liner in place of the usual copper)?

In the very heated, very compressed sonditions of a shaped charge plasma
jet, I suspect you'll find that even glass is conductive.

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)