Old October 29th 20, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
biff the dotard

Default The Apology

I have really enjoyed having you in the batters box. here it is after 10 on the East Coast, must go watch a bit of Fox News, fair and balanced and get ready to work in the mango grove in the morning. Hope you have a wonderful evening and stay safe. Bob

It's so good that Old Blood clarified that he's off to watch Fox News, in case anyone thought he would be tuning into Rachel Maddow. "Fair and balanced," he cracks. Being wrong, clueless, and sardonically proud of it all - the hat trick of being a Faux News viewer. So when he took time off from his very busy mango/avocado farmin' and soaring contributin' day to opine on the SSA/SSF mea culpa, and then the usual supporting cast of dinosaurs chimed in, a stink practically wafted out from my screen. We've seen it befo the insensitivity and intolerance toward the "Other". Sexism is just one facet. They just can't understand why anyone would object to the "Make Sexism in Aviation Great Again" SSF ad.

Then an unexpected thing happened. Out of a turd sprouted a beautiful and vibrant flower of moral enlightenment. I'm surprised and encouraged by the massing of intelligent, articulate, and sustained opposition to the chauvinistic sentiments that initially propelled this thread. Yes - call a spade a spade. Hold bigots accountable for their bigotry and don't let them gaslight reality when they get pushback. If this could happen more consistently on RAS, it would be a better place to visit, and the dinosaurs will eventually go extinct.

I should apologize to the real dinosaurs, whose extinction was not their fault. Scientific evidence suggests their extinction 66 million years ago had nothing to do with the terminal ignorance and hubris that afflict their modern-day relatives.