Old August 9th 04, 03:15 PM
Paul Sengupta

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Corky Scott" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 08:01:51 -0700, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

Units such as you describe are required in Europe. They reduce power

bit
and add
weight. Most people also think they're ugly.

They also don't work.

I think you may be mistaken CJ. The mufflers do work or they would
not be used.

Seriously, if you want to claim that mufflers reduce noise, the onus is on
you to prove that it does. It is not my burden to prove that it does not,
any more than it is my burden to prove to those that believe in space

aliens
that flying saucers do not exist.

http://www.hliese.de/International/international.html

They quote 1) No loss in performance, 2) Weight 2lbs while
making planes comply with strict German noise regulations.

Paul