Old January 30th 17, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Gapa Geezer would be proud

Today I think I set career highs and lows. Highest circling percentage that I can remember associated (naturally) with probably the lowest average climb rate of a cross country flight I have ever flown. SeeYou says 63% circling and .7 knots average.

Took the Cirrus on a downwind dash from Sunflower. This flight really reminded me of the old days in the Cherokee. Lift was weak, torn up, and low. I only got above 3000 AGL a few times. I flew with Brian Bird in his 301 Libelle for the first 1/3rd or so until we got separated.

Ended up landing at a several year unused former private grass runway near Newkirk, OK. Leah was there within an hour and we were home in time for supper!

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...tId=-315929099