Old March 26th 17, 07:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bret Hess

Default An aerodynamic experience

Yes, I've heard of your (in)famous yaw strings. That's good physics you had going on there with static electricity and cycling!

It was made of the normal yellow polypropylene. I wish I had the foresight to look closely at where the rest of the rope was when I was pulling it in.. My vague impression was that it was aft of the window, but the whole experience was a bit dreamlike as I pulled it in because I was astonished. The ring or rope didn't make noise on the canopy that I remember.