Old March 26th 17, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default An aerodynamic experience

On Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 12:39:24 AM UTC-4, Bret Hess wrote:

... He wanted me to try a slack rope recovery method that was very different from normal (and later we agreed was not the right approach). When I did the maneuver, we had a spectacular rope break...I could see the rope break simultaneously at the tow plane end and the glider end and fall away.

So what did you do to break the tow rope when you were just trying to take out the slack?