Old July 20th 14, 05:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default FLARM Antenna Hall of Shame?

For non carbon gliders, or carbon gliders with carbon free nose, the nose seem to be the best place. No ugly antenna in front of you and excellent coverage. My 27A which has carbon free nose (I think maybe only early 27a had carbon free nose) gets at least 6 miles range in most directions except behind (rudder pedal) where it is 2-3 miles.
I believe with some creativity and only little compromise one can normally come up with an acceptable aesthetic solution.

Ramy