Old February 3rd 09, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
150flivver

Default F-35, not F-22, to Protect U.S. Airspace

On Feb 2, 3:08*am, hcobb wrote:
On Feb 2, 6:45 am, 150flivver wrote:

Exactly how was the Air Force supposed to prevent 9/11? *I guess the
Air Force wasn't prepared to prevent the banking crisis or global
warming either.

Which service is it that's supposed to at least intercept hostile
aircraft in American skies?

Perhaps this also should be handed over to the USMC?

-HJC

9/11 was a criminal act conducted by foreign criminals. Calling it
war doesn't make it so. Law enforcement is something I don't want the
military involved in. The FBI and CIA dropped the ball on this one,
not the Air Force. Shooting down airliners filled with hostages/
citizens is something the Soviet Union would do, not what the USA does.