Old January 14th 17, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default inReach message latency

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 12:29:45 PM UTC-8, RR wrote:
I just "upgraded" from spot to inReach mostly for the ability to compose and address a message in the field (perhaps literally). When using it while fishing in the everglades, I found that texts never made it, and emails could be delayed by hours. The device would confirm that a message was sent typically inside of 10min, but not get to the recipient in some cases 6hrs later. Not what I was hoping for. I don't know if it was a system issue, or if any other inReach users had the same issue. The tracking seems up to the minute, but the messaging is not. Is it working for you?

Rick

I haven't used the email facility very much, but when I first got it I tried a couple and they arrived within a few minutes. Texts, too.