Old May 19th 04, 08:32 PM
Blue

"Whistler" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 May 2004 11:22:17 -0400, "Bill-R" wrote:

Well I heard it on CNN some time ago and also read about it , so its not a
state secret. The guts of the technology might be, but the fact that its
being developed has already been stated.

Bill

It already happens in the Predator drones, so utilizing it in a civil
aviation
environment should be trivial.

What I am specifically referring to is not trivial. The guidance
electronics and mechanics which I am sure you are referring to is "trivial"
in the sense that it is all available now and has been for years.

Though trivial in the engineering emplementation, what I am referring to
mind bogglingly complex in the political implementation. The word "evil" is
unescapable

I am referring to the complete taking away of control from the cockpit,
i.e., NO cockpit override of control surfaces, engine controls, gear
control. No one in the cockpit could have any control whatsoever over the
plane, including the decision to relinquish control.

The first to reply have been revealingly strident in their disagreement to
discuss this question, even stating that it is "none of my business."
Nothing could be MORE of "my business," and everyone else in this country
old enough to vote .