Old September 1st 04, 07:57 PM
Paul Remde

Hi Janos,

That is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for. I have added
Soaring Pilot to the comparison table.

However, the list of supported devices is not useful because the table gets
into specifics as to what features are supported with each device.

How can it support a Tasman? Tasman varios don't connect to external
devices.

What is a ReCo?

Thanks,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"Janos Bauer" wrote in message
What about soaringpilot?

Price: free
Reachable airports are highlighted on the moving map: yes
Final Glide Around Multiple Waypoints: yes
Calculates wind speed and direction while circling: yes
Wind speed and direction at several altitudes: not yet
Large Fonts (5 is best, 1 is worst): ~4
Differential Final Glide: yes
Turnpoint Area Task Support: ?
Special Use Airspace displayed on moving map: yes
Topographical Maps roads, lakes, etc.: no, but if needed could be added as
SUA
US Sectional Aeronautical Charts: no
In-flight optimization of OLC flights: no
FAI 28% Rule Turnpoint areas displayed in flight: no
Thermal Histogram: no
Tracks statistics for multiple tasks at once: no
Climb Maximizer: no

Supported Flight computers, loggers:

B50, C302, Colibri, EW, ReCo, B50&Colibri, IQue, Tasman

Some more features not mentioned in the table: thermal average, distance
done on task, avg speed, estimated time of arrival, elapsed time, speed to
flt, MC calc. etc-etc
Some screenshots can be found on my page:
http://bauerj.fw.hu/soarpilot
Regards,

/Janos