Old May 22nd 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Is there a "correct" panel layout?

The most common set up is to have the six pack on the left, communicate
and navigate in the middle, and engine information on the right.

When looking for a Cessna 150, I did decline to pursue one particular
airplane because the panel instruments seemed to be sprinkled around in
no particular logical order.

Most panels do not have the tachometer as prominently placed for
viewing by the pilot as the six-pack instruments, but I would much
prefer the tachometer on my side (left). I check it far more often than
the vertical speed indicator.