Old May 23rd 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Is there a "correct" panel layout?

On 22 May 2006 14:12:36 -0700, wrote:

but I would much
prefer the tachometer on my side (left). I check it far more often than
the vertical speed indicator.

Why??????

Once I set my engine to a certain RPM, whether it be cruise or descent, I
never look at it again.

I do look at my engine indication meters enroute a lot (amp meter, oil
pressure / temp EGT and CHT, but never my tach.

I figure a problem will show up in these indicators before my RPM changes
unless carb icing is involved, but then I will notice the loss of power by
me having to add power anyway, which would show up on my VSI for losing
altitude.

Allen