Old May 15th 05, 12:03 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On 14 May 2005 15:25:55 -0700, "Flyingmonk" wrote:

Thanks Ron. How's space craft doing?

What, have you been reading CBD again? :-)

It's OK where I'm at, looking better all the time.

The scariest thing happened this week. We'd been discussing with our management
about the "graying" of the aerospace workforce, and how we need to get some
young engineers and new hires into the industry to pick up some experience from
the old hands. We've even been flagging spots on org charts for "eager young
space cadets" to be formally recruited if we win a production contract.

Anyway, me and one of my buddies interviewed one this week.

Gawd. Were we *ever* that young? Did we ever have that much energy? That
clear of eye, that narrow of waist?

I kept thinking about the old farts that were with the organization when *I*
started...and realized most of them are dead, now.

Geeze.

Ron Wanttaja