Old December 8th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jack Allison

Default "Braking Action: Nil"

Jay Honeck wrote:

In the summer I've seen the moon when it looked like a giant orange
orb, so big that you could reach out and grab a handfull of moon
dust. And in the winter I've seen it crisp and clean, with its more
sharply-defined features looking cold and brittle in the sub-zero
air.

It's one of the things I truly miss about night flying.

Got to experience some of this a week ago on a short night from
Vacaville to home. Took off and after leveling at 3500 ft, noticed the
full moon rising over the Sierra Nevada mountains. Very cool.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado