Old October 18th 12, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Notes on the Vertica 2, Gliderguider PNA

Tom,

I agree with your view of the "shareware" navigators. I have been touting the benefits of a Mio with LK8000 for the last year or so. On a rain day at Oktoberfest this year we had a two hour seminar on the overhead TV using simulator mode. There were about twenty people trying out the program on six Mios I passed around. For less than $100 a club member can get going with GPS task navigation. Like you pointed out, there may be nicer machines but you have to pay the bucks to play.

Lane
XF