Old April 11th 12, 05:14 AM
Andrea Derujinsky Andrea Derujinsky is offline
Junior Member

Location: California

Gleb had a full life in Durango, while he had the jewelry store, One Of a Kind, he was giving lessons in gliding. I was the wing runner, for lessons myself. nearly soloed but summer came to a quick conclusion, and I never did get to. I had wonderful flights with dad. I remember one at sunset, which is usually when I got my flight, days end, little lift. But true to form, he always saw the immense beauty in everything, and we would relish the setting sun. One sunset, the clouds gave way to light hale pelting the canopy, as they hit in stunning bursts of rose, and orange, to the tapping sound. I had the joy of a Chandal, and other aerodynamics, for the ground students to observe, it was lots of fun.

He keep the store open for quite some time and finally closed it after many years. All the while learning to become a proficient skier, and went onto giving lessons there also. He was a fantastic teacher. He taught me how to drive, sterling moss style, fly, ski, horseback ride, and learn to see through his vivid eye the beauty around me.