Old December 30th 03, 11:58 PM
Richard Hertz

There is a lot of evidence that shows that violent crime diminishes when
people are allowed to defend themselves (read - arm themselves)
Places that ban handguns usually experience higher rates of violent crime.

Yes, people will always try to do bad things, and wouldn't it be nice to be
able to DEFEND yourself against them? I happen to think so.

One would think that the history lesson is on your side - one of the first
things the fascists did was to disarm the people so that they could not
defend themselves...

"Thomas Heide" wrote in message
I canīt believe what I just read.
Didnīt you Americans learn anything from recent history (some

school-events
just popped into my mind)?
It just does not work to make even more people carry guns in order to
protect them from potential terrorists.
What kind of logic is that?
You wonīt stop terrorists from trying to hijack planes by simply having
armed sky marshalls on the aircraft.
You should increase airport security first and then try to figure out how

an
unexperienced pilot can fly all over New York and make a sightseeing tour
around the Statue of Liberty without beeing noticed at all before you

think
about arming sky marshalls.
And how impertinent are you to simply postulate a "law" like the above?
I really pay my tribute to the pilots making a statement like that.
It plays in the same league like the major of London who explicitly

allowed
demonstrations against Bush in the vicinity of his whereabouts.
Without making the attacks less horrible, but America gets more and more
paranoic.

Thomas
Berlin, Germany