Old June 6th 04, 06:16 PM
Badwater Bill

On 5 Jun 2004 23:47:08 -0700, (Al) wrote:

(pacplyer) wrote in message . com...

I'm just pointing out that in my opinion, neither
you Del, or me pac have got the homebuilding experience credentials to
expel a guy like BWB. Now with my background as an A&P and a ME
instructor,

Why do you think BWB has homebuilding experience? He built a Mini-max
and a weight shift Quicksilver.

And helped build an RV-6a which I test flew (see Kitplanes article
coming out in August 2004), and an RV-6 which I test flew and crashed
and a B-1RD which I test flew plus multiple hang gliders and other
**** I can't remember: and rebuilt a Stinson, a Champ, a Lark
Glider, a schwitzer 223 glider, a gyrocopter and a Mini-500 here in
Vegas, not the one Fred gave me. (Does rebuilding count? Huh? Does
it mommy?)

No, I haven't built a lot. Most of my building has been RC airplanes
and helicopters. But I have built a few, and I "Scratch Built" the
Minimax too. I made every single part in it. Have you ever done
that? Scratch built an airplane from plans?

I'll bet a million dollars that's more than this antonymous prick who
made this post.

If you have an A&P you have 10 times
as much experience as he does.

That's probably true. I never worked as a mechanic.

He bought all his airplanes. People
have more homebuilding experience in an RV-8 tail kit than he has.
Forget about his hours. He's never worked as a professional pilot.

Oh really? Having a current medical and commercial license was in my
government job description for 25 years. I also took a year
sabbatical in 1984 and worked as a corporate pilot for West Coast
Holdings and Western Flier's, flying their C-421, C-414, C-210's and
an Aero Commander 680. I flew part time for two years before that and
3 years after that for them too AS A PROFESSIONAL PILOT. (You guys
think you know everything about my life. You haven't even touched the
tip of the iceberg).

He has the ratings now but do you really think he's flown 3000 hours
in helos in 3 years?

I didn't. I flew them in 1971,72,73, in Huey UH-1H's without a
rating. I was sitting in the left (copilot) seat for three years and
did most of the flying. I was just never PIC. I didn't have the money
to get rated or that time would have been logged. I had a commercial
airplane rating however and could fly them fine (but you wouldn't know
that either) I just got the official rating three of four years ago in
Helos.

I did log that 3000 hours in a separate logbook however. Even if it's
not valid FAA time, it's real time. I also sat in that piece of ****
for about 1000 longer than that watching the flying. It ain't like I
wasn't there.

Or that he learned to fly when he was 8 years
old?

Took my first ride at 8, learned to fly at 12.

Or that he flew CIA helo missions in Cambodia as a 17 year old
civilian without a helo license?

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Or that he flew radioactive cloud
tracking missions in Nevada 10 years after the atmospheric test ban
treaty?

Sure did. We tested under ground about three times a month for 30
years "after the ATMOSPHERIC test ban treaty." Some of them leaked.
All of us were always in position to track the radioactivity in the
atmosphere to guarantee that no civilians ever got a dose that
resulted in any health problems. Don't take my word for it, call the
DOE and request the annual reports. I built 2500 hours in the turbine
Vopar and the A-26's and got my ATP from that government time.

Sure, the EPA let him fly Hueys without a rating or a helo license.

Yep. They sure did. For three years too. They did it all the time in
them-thar-days. Ratings-Shmatings, no one gave a ****. The PIC would
be asleep most of the time. I liked to fly, so I did most of it.
These kids were burnt out from the Viet Nam war (which was a war we
had that you are too young to remember). All they wanted to do was
screw the women all night long in whatever town we were staying in and
sleep all day long in the cockpit while I flew the mission. Do a
search on the National Lake Eutrophication Survey for that time period
and see what you find. If you find anything, you'll see me there.

That's the way the government works, it doesn't matter if you have the
paperwork or not, if you can do it they give you a million dollar helo
to cruise around in.

Yep, that's the way it worked then.

You had to have a rated pilot on board. But remember that government
aircraft are Public Category Aircraft. You don't need a certificate
(license) to fly them. You just sign them out. Most military fighter
pilots do not have civilian ratings and couldn't rent a Cessna-150 if
they had to. Same in the Gument, even EPA. Those helicopters were
Army helicopters on loan to us. The pilots didn't need any civilian
ratings. And, I don't think they had them either. They were no
different than me. None of us had civilian ratings. You take a check
ride and pass and you get to fly.

Again here we have someone who thinks they know what's up. Just
another antonymous prick with a big opinion and a big mouth who most
likely never even soloed.

BWB

You want to buy a bridge in New York?

Sure, then I can throw you off of it.

Bill can't create anything, so the best he has is tearing people down.

Jealous?

BWB