Old July 18th 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning
El Maximo

Default Need VOR indicator

"Blanche" wrote in message

WOW!

A zero AMU radio fix!

And after playing with everything again, I've discovered two interesting
facts. One is documented in the SL30 user guide (and it never sunk it,
but then, I never needed it): when
on backcourse, the VOR indicator is dark, which makes sense,
since it would be very confusing to have 2 indicators going
in opposite directions.

The second, which I cannot find anything related in the manual:
I've discovered what appears to be to problem/solution to not
seeing the LOC on approach. I've had the 2nd NAV freq (the
one on standby) selected to monitor the freq. This turns the
LOC off, yet keeps the GS active on the VOR indicator.

so - the SL30 *does* play well with the MC60 afterall. I just
need to remember to NOT turn on "monitor 2nd NAV" while on
approach. I've sent a note to Garmin/AT to ask if this is normal
or did something get wired wrong.