Old October 24th 10, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

Default Hello From Port Aransas, on Mustang Island, TX

Good to hear from you!
Any more tornado stories to share?

Tornadoes? Nope. No more violent weather down here at all, unlike
what we got seemingly every day in Iowa.

Even when we get torrential tropical storms here, it's just hard
(REALLY hard -- like 12" in 24 hours), solid rain. Very little wind,
and no lightning/thunder at all.

It's funny -- everyone warned us about the weather down here in the
Gulf, but I'm here to tell you that Iowa gets pummeled with weather
exponentially worse than we do on Mustang Island.

Until the "Big One" hits, of course. :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX

On Oct 23, 5:08*pm, VOR-DME wrote:
In article
,
says...

Just checking in to rec.aviation for the first time in...I don't
remember when.

Anyone still here? * How's everyone been?