Old August 4th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Howie

Default density altitude calculator and wind calculator on web site and asGoogle gadget

July issue of AOPA pilot considered density altitude a major topic. I
have looked a bit around on the net and found formulas to compute exact
density altitude from indicated altitude and weather data.
(http://wahiduddin.net/calc/density_altitude.htm) Well, I implemented
these formulas into a Google gadget. You can find it at
http://airspace-v.com/ggadgets

You can add it to Google, use it on http://www.airspace-v.com, or put it
on your own web site. Of course, this also holds for other gadgets
listed on this page. There is at least one more gadget interesting for
flight preparation: The wind calculator to compute heading and flight
time from TAS, course, wind speed and wind direction.

Different units of measurement are supported. You may even mix them.

virtuPIC

P.S.: You have sauna experience? At altitude ? In ski holidays?
Calculate the corresponding density altitude! I know why I am yawning in
there. ;-)

--
Airspace V - international hangar flying!
http://www.airspace-v.com