Old October 21st 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Broken fuel selector linkage

On Oct 20, 2:17 pm, "J McKernan" wrote:
During the preflight of my '66 172G last night, the fuel selector linkage
broke where the upper shaft connects to the mid shaft at the knuckle. One of
the 'ears' that are riveted to the upper shaft broke completely and the
fastener that holds the other to the knuckle became unattached.

I have a couple of questions:
1. Can the 'ears' be replaced and reattached to the upper shaft and knuckle
via rivets?
2. If not, does the Cessna part 0513382-12 come with the 'ears' that can be
reattached?
3. Do I have to buy the entire shaft assembly?

Thanks,
Jake

Cessna will require you to purchase a "NEW" firewall rearward
replacement, ya get to keep your old engine though. G Actually,
yours is a good question and I can't wait to read the correct answer.
My gut feeling is behind door #3...