Old October 21st 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave[_1_]

Default Broken fuel selector linkage

Door # 3.. the whole shaft as I recall...

Mine was worn out all through the uiniversals....

At least when I replaced mine in my "Pre Piper" days..

I got one from Wentworth, was almost new..

Even new it is a poor solution, wobbily and not very precise...

Dave

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 13:17:39 -0700, "J McKernan"
wrote:

During the preflight of my '66 172G last night, the fuel selector linkage
broke where the upper shaft connects to the mid shaft at the knuckle. One of
the 'ears' that are riveted to the upper shaft broke completely and the
fastener that holds the other to the knuckle became unattached.

I have a couple of questions:
1. Can the 'ears' be replaced and reattached to the upper shaft and knuckle
via rivets?
2. If not, does the Cessna part 0513382-12 come with the 'ears' that can be
reattached?
3. Do I have to buy the entire shaft assembly?

Thanks,
Jake