Old July 3rd 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Maxwell[_2_]

Default Flap Controller: Does anyone make this?

"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message

The 601XL I'm building is designed with a simple ON(mom)-off-On(mom) flap
switch. I was wondering if anyone makes a gizmo that would go into the
circuit that would allow a single momentary push position the flaps into
10º then a second would move it to 20º and so on? Obviously the same going
the other way.

I could live with a gizmo that just ran applied the power to the flap
motor for X number of seconds either down or up for each push as long as X
is something I could set.

Have you looked at adjustable time delay relays? Perhaps Grainger?

I assume the motor has limits switches for 0 and full flaps.