Old July 3rd 18, 08:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch

Default Hawker Sea Fury pics 3 [04/10]

In article , DAN says...

Stormin' Norman wrote:

A very interesting picture. Looking at the uniforms and open toe
sandal footwear, I wonder if this is an INS carrier, maybe the Vikrant
(R11)? I can find nothing about India operating Sea Fury aircraft,
however.

This is a RAN photo, and 805sq was a RAN squadron. So I'd say RAN, HMAS Sydney
or so.

As for the sandals, there are other examples, see attached mishap on HMAS
Sydney.

....looks like he's wearing a female bathing cap...gives the impression that
carrier operations were fairly relaxed. If one looks hard enough, there might
be an open bottle of Fosters half consumed.

*