Old July 18th 04, 12:19 AM
Mike Rapoport

They haven't avoided paying any US taxes.

Mike
MU-2

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Mark T. Mueller" wrote in

message

Call it what it is, price fixing. They bought UPSAT (don't really know

why
UPS bought Apollo anyway.) Only a matter of time before Garmin starts
playing nasty. They already started in my opinion with their attitude
towards legacy product owners. I am a Garmin owner, but get a real

slimy
feeling ever since they moved corporate off-shore to dodge taxes.

Let's
just
wait and see how the WAAS upgrade that has been promised since last

summer
for legacy units ends up.

Exactly what taxes have they avoided?

US taxes?

It's ironic, that some of the same people bitching are trying to get "a
better deal", but they trash Garmin for trying to get "a better deal".