Old October 26th 04, 04:12 AM
Greg Arnold

I think Doug Levy's victories over the last two years have already
resolved this issue -- the 1-26 is the best, at least under the OLC rules.

Jim Kellett wrote:
The Battle is On!!

Yes, the perennial argument about the so-called "best glider" is about to be
resolved, once and for all!! Is it equipment, or skill? Is it nature, or
nurture? Is it the pilot, or is it the machine? Is is glass, or is it
aluminum/fabric? WATCH THIS SPACE!

1-26 Association President and Skyline Soaring Club member Bill Vickland has
accepted the challenge of Fred Mueller, a member of two area soaring clubs
(M-ASA and Skyline) and an active contest pilot who flies an LS-8/18 They
will duke it out using OLC rules in the 2005 soaring season! Neither side
could find better champions for "The Cause"!

The pilot with the most OLC points at the end of the 2005 season will be
declared the winner. If Bill Vickland wins, Fred will donate $250 to the
1-26 Association in Bill's name, and if Fred Mueller wins, Bill will donate
$250 in Fred's name to the National Soaring Museum.

Jim Kellett, Resident Curmudgeon
"We cannot guarantee success, but we can do something better. We can
deserve it." . . . John Adams