Old September 24th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Rapoport

Default HID Lighting

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
link.net...
Has anyone installed Xevision HID lighting on their airplane under a 337
approval? How do you like it? Any issues getting approval? I landed my
Helio in the dark yesterday which worked out OK but I would prefer a
reliable landing light!

I daresay that 99% of people here are getting by with landing lights. The
other 1% have no electrical system :~)

Yes but the reliability of the landing light is related to where it is
installed. In the Helio the landing light is installed in the cowl, I'm
sure it would be better in the wing or attached to the nose gear but the
front of the cowl is probably the highest vibration area in the whole
airplane.

Mike