Old May 27th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Careless Linemen

That filler mat will work well. I've seen people use the rubber padding
stores sell for lining drawers of tool boxes as well.
The previous owner of our 172 had a lineboy rest the fuel nozzle like
you mentioned. On later inspection he found a cracked filler neck on
the fuel tank. That's a costly repair for what seems like a harmless
action. My A&P taught me to hold the hose over my shoulder, keeping the
weight of the hose off of the airplane. For us high wingers you also
need to watch and make sure the linemen dont stand on the struts(unless
you've got the steps and pads some models do) and bang the ladder into
the wings/fuselage/strut.

Brock Boss

Kyle Boatright wrote:
How do the rest of you deal with careless linemen? The kind who scratch
your airplane or chip the paint because they are either careless or have not
been properly trained on how to avoid damaging aircraft when refueling 'em.