Old January 24th 16, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Reducing PPG Concept Urethane

On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 6:42:21 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I shot my first batch of PPG concept today, and it shot slower (and had more orange peel) than I expected. When I was shooting the primer, I accidentally over reduced it - and discovered that it sprayed much better. Smoother finish and faster spray.

I mixed the PPG per the instructions: 4 paint, 2 reducer, 1 hardener. I'm wondering if "over reducing" will make it spray better.

And also what are the risks of using too much reducer. I know it may run, but is there anything other than runs that I should be watching for?

Thanks,

John

I mix 8 to 5 to 2. This is 25% more reducer. Flows better. Better flow for me means less likelihood of going too heavy and making runs.
Good luck
UH