Old February 27th 20, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Cobra Trailer Fuselage Dolly Strap

On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 9:49:14 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Anyone have advice for replacing the fuselage dolly strap for a cobra trailer? I got an estimate from Spindelberger and it's reasonable for the strap but the shipping is a bit much.

Also, what's the best method to make the holes into the strap for attaching to the dolly?

Thanks
David

David - you can buy the webbing from various sources. To make the hole, I use a hole-punch, which stamps out a nice sharp hole. I then use a lighter to 'cauterize' the open fibers. Put two holes into the end of the strap and double it over. Use two fender washers (one on each side of the strap) to spread out the load and give it a good pinch.

Uli
'AS'