Old December 29th 04, 04:56 PM
BTIZ

for all of your questions... you are concentrating on the A320... why not
smaller aircraft that you could be learning to fly in?

Every "airliner" or large aircraft, the nosewheel steering control will be
different in some fashion. Older airliners actually had a "tiller" on the
cockpit left side wall.

My nose wheel control switch actually had different functions, on the
ground, it would engage nosewheel steering control to the rudder pedals, in
the air, it would (a) select transponder ident feature (b) during air
refueling it would disconnect the AR boom.. just to name a couple of things.

BT

"Ramapriya" wrote in message
ups.com...
I remember seeing a button on the A320 flight deck for disconnection of
the nosewheel steering control. I also remember the cap'n saying that
that's used during the push-back of the aircraft. He mentioned some
reason for that but I don't recall what; possibly something to do with
the hydraulics not getting accidentally triggered off or something like
that.

Can someone get me up to speed on this?
Cheers,

Ramapriya