Old April 15th 05, 09:52 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:34:59 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote in
::

Seems the one's that CAP picks for flight/training are more a matter of
politics than talent.

My experience with the CAP left the bitter taste of bureaucratic
politics in my mouth. It also raised concerns about military drug
running. Perhaps my intuition wasn't too far from the truth:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...jet-bust_x.htm

Posted 4/14/2005 8:50 AM

Air Force jet was used for drug run, authorities say
NEW YORK (AP) - A U.S. military pilot and a sergeant were being
held on federal narcotics charges after admitting they flew an Air
Force jet from New York to Germany and returned with 290,000 pills
of Ecstasy worth millions of dollars, authorities said Wednesday.

SNIP

What the hell does that have to do with CAP.