Old April 27th 05, 04:58 AM
Jay Honeck

From what I can tell each unit has it's own personality, so if you don't
like one, try another. There are quite a few rules and regs to go through
as it is a sort of military kind of thing.

True enough.

However, my son spent all day Saturday training on a SAREX (Search & Rescue
Exercise), had a great time, learned a lot about teamwork and coordination,
and maybe learned some skills that might benefit one of us here someday.
(We hope not!)

Last night was our monthly PT (Physical Training) night. We both shaved
some time off of our 1-mile runs, and then the squadron played volleyball
for the next 2 hours. Everyone had a great time.

CAP can be a lot of military gobbledy-gook, but it's great for cadets, IMHO.
Sorta like the Boy Scouts -- but with a real purpose.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA